function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KimberlyJKimberlyJ 

Cloud Swarm 3 and PE

We have Professional Edition. I have been experimenting with this amazing application Cloud Swarm 3 and I noticed something. If I am not using the standard opportunity fields Type or Amount this is pretty useless to me.  We have custom fields in place of the Amount and Type fields. Is there a way to pull in our own custom fields to work with Swarm? Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

Hi Kimberly,

Cloud Swarm works on custom fields because, well, everyone has those available.  Getting Cloud Swarm to work with custom fields would add a lot of complexity and kill the scalability of the app, making it useless to pretty much everyone.

One suggested workaround is using the Unmanaged version and customizing the code to fit what you want to do.  However, it doesn't look like that's an option here since you are not on Enterprise Edition.

Another suggestion would be to create a Workflow Rule to have your custom fields update the standard fields whenever they are changed (since those standard fields are not being used anyways), thereby triggering the swarm to happen.  However, keep in mind that Workflow rules are only available in Professional Edition as an add-on (it's included with Enterprise Edition.)

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I hope that helps.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

All Answers

The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

Hi Kimberly,

Cloud Swarm works on custom fields because, well, everyone has those available.  Getting Cloud Swarm to work with custom fields would add a lot of complexity and kill the scalability of the app, making it useless to pretty much everyone.

One suggested workaround is using the Unmanaged version and customizing the code to fit what you want to do.  However, it doesn't look like that's an option here since you are not on Enterprise Edition.

Another suggestion would be to create a Workflow Rule to have your custom fields update the standard fields whenever they are changed (since those standard fields are not being used anyways), thereby triggering the swarm to happen.  However, keep in mind that Workflow rules are only available in Professional Edition as an add-on (it's included with Enterprise Edition.)

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I hope that helps.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

This was selected as the best answer
KimberlyJKimberlyJ

Thanks for the quick response. An app that pulled in custom fields would actually be a better fit since everyone's Salesforce org is not the same. From what I was able to test in my Developer org it seems awesome, but the managed package is too limited for me, and with PE I guess I'm out of luck. Thanks for your help.