function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
spaxispaxi 

Milestone PM permissions for new Users

Hello,

I registered for a developer account, because wanted to test Miletone PM.

I installed and everything was very smooth.

Now wanted to test with different users so i did the following:

1. Created a new User with User License Salesforce Platform and Profile Standard Platform Users
  2. The user received the email and activated.
  3. But when i login with the User Credentials cannot see some of the tabs even if i set the Tab to Default On in the Profile
  4. I cannot make the new users see the custom objects.
  5. If i try to change the ownership of a Project to the new user it says that he must have read permissions in the object.

CAn somepne help?

Thanks in Advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ReidCReidC

You have to create a new profile for the platform user.  There are instructions in the configuration guide on AppExchange.

All Answers

ReidCReidC

You have to create a new profile for the platform user.  There are instructions in the configuration guide on AppExchange.

This was selected as the best answer
spaxispaxi

Dear Reid,

i didn't find it, can you please send me the link.

Many Many thanks

spaxispaxi

Dear Reid,

thanks i created the profile and it works.

Thanks Again

etaylor2ketaylor2k

Can you please send me the configuration guide as well? I have recently installed this app for my org off of a recommendation. The app is only for System Admins and we currently cannot see each other's projects. I think the answer to that problem might be in that guide. Thanks

spaxispaxi

Hello,

this depends on the Profiles configuration and in the shared settings. For each Profile you can specify if the user that has that profile can "View All" the projects, edit, delete, read etc.

So i think you need to double check the permissions for the profiles you created.

Let me know you need other help.