function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eireir 

Cloud Swarm not working

Installed Cloud Swarm 3 a few weeks ago, worked great at first then suddenly started to misfunction.

The information reported in the Chatter e-mails is incomplete, many actions from multiple users appear to be missing.

Any idea ?

The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

Hi Eir,

Cloud Swam does not send out any e-mails.  Can you please elaborate on what Chatter e-mails are incomplete?  Also which specific actions were missing?  I'm not clear on what's not working properly.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

eireir

Thanks a lot for your reply

Chatter e-mails are missing the following information (although I have set the Chatter parameters to follow those feeds) :

(please excuse if the terms are not exact, my salesforce is in French so I'm translating)

- opportunity, stage

- opportunity, description

- any information related to tasks

- any information related to events

- any information related to new accounts or contacts

Thanks for your help

Aurelien

Hi Aurelien,

Cloud Swarm does not send out any e-mails, so I don't think that's what's causing your issues.  You cannot auto-follow records based on things like opportunity description, information related to tasks or events, or other related records.  You can only use the fields defined in the Opportunity Swarm Wizard tab.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

KCarmenKCarmen

I'm replying to this string because I can find any button on this site that actually says "POST". How does one post on this site? Help!

My issue is that I'd like to know how to auto-follow based on the following:

"Cloud Swarm 3 for Salesforce Chatter does not stop there. Now you can auto follow leads and create your own criteria to follow any record where someone posts a certain text string into that record’s Chatter feed. It also gives you to option to notify Chatter users that they have automatically started to follow a record."

It says "Leads" but can I do this with an Opporutnity? Our Chatter feed will post when someone has changed probability to "High" or from "High". Probability (Low/Meduim/High) is a custom field so I can't swarm it but would like to have my boss get notified when someone changes Probability to or from "High" through Chatter. He doesn't want a workflow rule that is set up to email him in Outlook.

I tried using a workflow rule and assigning a task hoping it would show up on his SF homepage that someone changed Probability but it ony came into Outlook and didn't show on his homepage.

So - Ideally it would be great to use the swarm rule that will swarm based on text string. How do I do this? I don't see an option in the Opportunity Swarm Rule or the Opportunity Swarm Wizard.

Hi OEMGirl,

You can't auto-follow custom fields on an Opportunity with Cloud Swarm.  But what you can do is create a workflow rule to have the custom field update one of the fields Cloud Swarm works on (e.g. Opporutnity Type) then create a Swarm Rule based on that.

FYI, you have to click in to one of the topics (for instance this one is in "Force.com Labs Development and Projects") and click the "New Message" button there to create a new post.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

eireir

Thanks for your reply.

I had completed the Opportunity Swarm Wizard and created 5 swarm rules for my colleagues and i to auto-follow All opportunities.

Then, if we follow all opportunities and if Salesforce Chatter is configured to track feeds about the opportunities, shouldn't we all receive notifications for changes to any opportunity in our daily Salesforce Chatter e-mail report ?

You have to configure changes to which fields you are notified of by going to Setup > Customize > Chatter > Field Tracking and choosing the Opportunity object and which fields you want to notified of when they change (up to 20.)

~ The Cloud Swarm Team