function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarz1cmarz1 

Action Plan - Make Dependent Task Start Date equal to date previous task was completed

Lets say you have two tasks A and B.  B is dependant on A.  I want B's Due Date to be X number of days after A is completed.  Right now with Action Plan B's start date is X number of day from the Action Plans start date.  This won't due and doesn't really make sense to me.  In the real world if task B is truly dependant on task A and task B tasks 4 days to complete than task B's due date should = A.CompletedDate + 5 days.

I have already modified Action Plan to record the actual completed date of a task, I added a custom field to APTasks that stores the date the user set as the due date when they completed the task.  So I have that date and now I need have the Action Plan create Task B using the Completed date of task A plus X number of days. 

Anyone know how to do this. I have been staring at the code for hours and I am not sure where in the ActionPlansTaskTriggerUtilities() class I need inject some code to get this to work.

sales.forcesales.force

Any luck on this?

Börkur I. JónssonBörkur I. Jónsson
+1
Barbara BlackallerBarbara Blackaller
Hello, I have been looking for an answer to this very same question. Were you able to solve this? I would be very interesed in the solution of this. Thanks.
Karan VediKaran Vedi
Even i am looking for the same. Anyone help please?