function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BPeddleBPeddle 

Chatter -> Twitter

Is there integration with Twitter out of the box or does this currently require custom development?
ReidCReidC
There is not an integration out of the box.
Garry_PolmateerGarry_Polmateer

Okay, dev community that's gotta be the first thing anyone writes!  Ready... go!

:)

Garry

cloudcodercloudcoder

While twitter integration is pretty straightforward to implement using oAuth and the twitter toolkit available on the platform, you need to think through your use case pretty clearly. Yes, twitter does support private messages, it is inherently public---by design. Chatter builds upon the existing security framework of the force.com platform to provide a private, and governable conversation. 

I can certainly see a good use case to pull data into the Chatter conversation from other sources like twitter to enrich the Chatter stream, and I can see other opportunities to connect public and private conversations, but you just have to make sure you understand the implications.

PhillipPDXPhillipPDX

How do you acceess the "twitter toolkit available on the platform" that you've mentioned in this thread?

Thanks

Phillip

cloudcodercloudcoder
PhillipHoustonPhillipHouston

Ah, you're speaking of the TwitterForce set of classes. I've been working with these for about a week and have found a pretty major bug. I've contacted the author (SimonF) but have yet to hear back from him. The problem is that there is some character in the XML that causes the XML parser to fail. I've taken a very deatiled look at the posts that cause the failure and have yet to determine a patten.

Thanks,

Phillip
Ron HessRon Hess

what character ? or is that the problem, how to find the offending char?

can you post the xml to the chatter dev zone ?

Owl123Owl123

Is the "Salesforce.com for Twitter" application going to continue to be enhanced or replaced by applications built by SFDC or Partners using Chatter?