function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MATTYBMEMATTYBME 

Case Apex trigger deployment being affected by recent install of Chatter apps

Today I was trying to deploy a small Apex Trigger from my sandbox to production. Here is the code:

trigger commentMove on Case (after update) {
  Case myCase = trigger.new[0];
  if (myCase.Last_email__c!= null) {
    String caseId= myCase.ID;
    CaseComment cc = new CaseComment(CommentBody=myCase.Last_email__c,parentID=caseId);
    insert cc;
  }
}

However I got a failed deployment and when I looked at it what failed was:

chatterFollowLists.testFollowAllRule()Class1816Failure Message: "System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Expected: 0, Actual: 1", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterFollowLists.testFollowAllRule: line 181, column 6 External entry point"
chatterFollowRules.testFollowEveryone()Class65055

Failure Message: "System.Exception: Too many query rows: 501", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterFollowRules.testFollowEveryone: line 650, column 55 External entry point"

I installed the Chatter Follow From List View yesterday. Why would this be failing my Case Apex trigger?

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Are you using ecllipse for development? If yes please do check the schema there if there is some co-relation or some common object which be getting effected.

Have you written to support@salesforce.com, may be they might have come across such issues previously too and would be able to give you a speedy solution.

MATTYBMEMATTYBME

Just logged a case with support. I will see what they say thanks. by the way I was using Deployments between Sandbox and Production instead of the IDE.

IC-TannerIC-Tanner

I also ran into this issue because of the 'chatter' classes being unpackaged. I'm surprised more people aren't running into this issue and I don't understand why Salesforce is installing chatter as an unpackaged app. 

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Chatter-Development/chatterConnector-main-System-Exception-Too-many-query-rows-1090/m-p/184387#M219