+ Start a Discussion
maceWindumaceWindu 

Hey did I miss something about how the chatter development environment is supposed to work?

I've been trying to get to the Development part of chatter and I'm having trouble. I don't see anything that says Setup | Customize | Chatter | Feed Tracking in fact I noticed in my user profile that I'm a Chatter Dev Standard User I think this may have something to do with it can anyone help me?

shillyershillyer

The Chatter Dev Zone is an multi-user org to try Chatter from a user standpoint. If you want to administer Chatter settings, you should have received a second login to your own private DE org with Chatter enabled. Then you can see how to setup feeds, etc.

If not, signup again at developer.force.com/chatter

Hope that helps,

Sati

d3developerd3developer

username@chatterdevzone.org <= user you can use to log into Chatter Dev Zone and test out Chatter with other developers and developer evangelists

username@chatterdev.org <= user you can use to develop things  (this type is not limited to usernames @chatterdev.org)

RyanGuestRyanGuest

It took me a while to figure out how to do this too. 

Here is how you get a DE org with Chatter:

1 - Signup for the Chatter Developer Zone

http://www.developerforce.com/events/chatter_devpreview/registration.php?d=70130000000F0H5

2 - Check your email for a login to the Chatter Developer Zone

3 - Login

4 - On the first page "Start Here", there is a link to "Get a Chatter Development Environment". Once you do this, you'll get your OWN org to work on chatter projects in. See the screenshot below.

chatter developer edition

SantthoshSantthosh

Thanks, this was helpful and should be more evident