function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gkappgkapp 

Twitter feeds on chatter profile page

I have set up the twitter for chatter & see the postings go back n forth . My question is how do i get the feeds to display on the profile page rather than having to go the twitter tab in salesforce to log in & see updates. Also any ideas on how to set up twitter to case creation?

Thanks

paul-lmipaul-lmi

which package are your referring to?

NonickSMSNonickSMS

Probably Salesforce for Twitter. I hear references to it on Ideas. Haven't paid attention myself. Used a small Twitter jscript for announcements a while back, worked well.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

it's not.  SF4Twitter hasn't been updated since February, and is in dire need of polishing.  We have it installed, but I only use it for the Apex classes and automation.  There's no tie-ins for Chatter.

d3developerd3developer

There are now a bunch of Twitter related packages for Chatter. I have no idea which apps to use for what purpose or whether any of them will be maintained or updated.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

which doesn't address this thread at all.  we appreciate the community contribution you do, but spamming your blog post on unrelated topics isn't appreciated.

d3developerd3developer

My link was not to a blog post of my own (which I rarely do), but to a new package from Force.com labs.

In the original question, "Also any ideas on how to set up twitter to case creation?"

In your response, "SF4Twitter hasn't been updated since February, and is in dire need of polishing."

Well, it has apparently been polished. I'm not saying it works the way anyone needs it to, only that, according to the description, it can do some part of what the original poster needed.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

agreed there

RSKRSK

Hi ,

Were you able to get this to work ?. Could you please share how were you able to integrate with twitter and how to display twitter feeds on chatter profile ?

Many Thanks!

Andrew MakinsonAndrew Makinson

Hi,

I came up with a workaround for displaying chosen Twitter feeds in Chatter this afternoon.

Step 1: Install "Chatter RSS" app available free.

Step 2: Enter the target Twitter username (without the "@" symbol) into this website: http://www.twitter-rss.com/

Step 3: Copy and paste the url of the subsequent page into the relevant Chatter RSS field when creating a new RSS feed.

IMPORTANT: remember to add http://www.twitter-rss.com/ as a remote site otherwise the twitter feed will not function. To do this:

Setup/Administration Setup/Security Controls/Remote Site Settings/New Remote Site

So far so good for me!

Andrew