function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paul-lmipaul-lmi 

Globally disabling the automatic following

How do we do this?  Enabling Chatter in our org with the default settings is going to cause a sh!tstorm of clutter due to the high volume of cases, leads, contacts, and accounts we have.  Each one of our support agents creates 30-50 cases per day, which would all be auto-followed, along with the contacts they create for those cases, and potentially any accounts created for those contacts, if we were to track changes on all 3 objects.  I want to phase in Chatter with the social aspects first, and then gradually add in the object tracking later (but still don't want the "follow everything I create" stuff going on at all).

Thanks!

/p

kxa422kxa422

You can change it in  setup/App Setup/Chatter/Feed tracking,

for each object you can disabled or enabled the tracking functionnality.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

I know about that.  I don't want to disable tracking altogether, I want to disable autofollowing altogether, ie, Setup > My Chatter Settings, for every person in the org.  I don't want to have to ask all 160 of our users to go and turn something off before they start using Chatter.

kxa422kxa422

In the User oeject, there is a field named USERPREFERENCESDISABLEAUTOSUBFORFEEDS.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

beautiful.  that looks like what I need.

seahorceseahorce

I have the same problem.  I don't see this field on the User object.  Has anyone gottent this to work?

seahorceseahorce

I found the field on the User object.  But would still like to hear if this has worked for anyone.  The process I'm planning to use is to update this flag to true for all users and then activate Chatter in production.  Does that sound correct?  I'll test in my sandbox first to see if it works.  Any helpful hints are appreciated.