function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
d3developerd3developer 

Chatter Apps in Review

I was planning a blog post on Chatter functionality now that things are GA but as it turns out there is remarkably litlte information on the ChatterExchange about any of the apps, and, moreoever, there are so many that it is difficult to know what apps should be included in a default setup.  Would you install the Chatter Combo Pack? Anything else?

So anyone if anyone who is responsible for enabling Chatter could share what they have found helpful (or not helpful, or simply broken) that would be useful to me and, hopefully, the Salesforce community at large.

To restate:

(1) What Chatter apps are you using?

(2) How helpful do you find them?

Bryan B.Bryan B.

Within the last couple weeks I have installed these apps, and my impression of each follows:

Chatter SmartFollow - 5 Chatty's out of 5

- super easy way to prime the pump and get an existing user base following other people.

Chatter Super Follow Button - 5 out of 5

-another easy way to start following existing records. Be careful of the 500 record limit. I went overboard, which led me to...

Chatter Unfollow Rules - 3 out of 5

-I think it worked for some records, but I have yet to correctly configured it unfollow opps > 60 days from close.

Cloud Swarm 2 - 2 Chatty's out of 5 (comes in both managed and un-managed versions)

- It helps my need a bit, but what I was hoping to create a rule for Opportunity Owners to be automatically assigned to legacy records.

Chatter Combo Pack

Have not found a need for it yet.

I am a Button-Click Admin and found these very straight-forward to install and configure. I did have to override Apex testing on a couple of them.