function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wbunkerwbunker 

Chatter in Visual force

So I was told that Chatter does not work with Visual force I wanted to know if anyone had a work around for this or was able to get it to work any hints to point me in the right direction would be great?

Sincerely,

Whitney Bunker

All Answers

d3developerd3developer

Chatter works fine in Visualforce but there is as of yet no way to automatically embed the Chatter bar into a page.

wbunkerwbunker

Yea I am looking for a way to have it show on my visual force page I knew it worked as I was getting the updates but I can't see it.

stephanstephan

Chatter components for Visualforce are coming in Winter '11, to be released in October. Stay tuned!

...stephan

wbunkerwbunker

Ok thanks I look forward to that enhancement.

cloudcodercloudcoder

Also, if you can't wait, you can add the Chatter bar to a Visualforce page now. Simply create a standard page, give it a blank page layout and add a Visualforce page to it. The standard page will include the Chatter bar, and the rest of the layout is your Visualforce page. 

It is a workaround, yes, but it works for now.

Q

wbunkerwbunker

Hi I tried using the new chatter visual force components and they wont save into my page is there a way to add them that I am missing please let me know?

wbunkerwbunker

the components I am trying to use are

chatter:feedWithFollowers

chatter:follow

chatter:followers

I included the entity ID this still did not recognize the chatter:feedWithFollowers

gliustonecobragliustonecobra

Make sure you update your XML for the page in your IDE to meta version 20.0

wbunkerwbunker

That worked thanks!

RobinJiRobinJi

Thaks