function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RameshwarRameshwar 

Hiding the content in a S-Control

Hi,
I would like to know can we hide the content in a S-control for all type of user login (including Administrator) ?
If yes then how to do it ?

Is any other way to hide the specific details like username/password in S-Control ?

Thanks
Rameshwar
HardhatHardhat
Can you elaborate?  I don't really understand the question.  You generally would not have the Salesforce username or password in your Scontrol -- do you mean credentials for some other system?
RameshwarRameshwar
Hi,

Yes, I wanted to access the other developer org object details from my developer org using login credentials of that org

So, my question is

How to hide the content in a S-Control ?
OR
How to encrypt the username and password in a S-Control ?
OR
Is any other way to store the username and password of other org in a logged org ?.

Purpose :
Actually, I have packaged one application and uploaded it into AppExchange and if anybody download this pkg then they are not able to access that package unless and until they have previlieage to access that application.

Thanks
Rameshwar
HardhatHardhat

So... you want to put an Scontrol in one Salesforce org to log into a different Salesforce org?  That will not work consistently.  You might be able to get it to work if the two orgs happen to be on the same stack (e.g. na2.salesforce.com), but if one is on na2.salesforce.com and the other is on na5.salesforce.com, it won't work.

There isn't any good way to encrypt credentials when you're running client side code.  By definition you have to download them to the client.

What exactly is it that you're trying to do?