function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Beginner_sforceBeginner_sforce 

How Do I update a custom field content using a custom lookup dialog(which is an S-control)

Hi, I've been wanting to make an s-control with the exact same look and feel as the standard lookup dialog in SF. I've manage to make this however, I can't find a way to pass the value to the custom field once the user clicks on the anchor, this is the anchor.:

html.push("<a class=\"dataCell\" onclick=\"top.window.opener.lookupPick('null','CF00N700000028MtX_lkid','CF00N700000028MtX','','"+record_id.substring(0,15)+"','"+record.Name+"','','');setParentField("+record.Name+");window.close();\" href=\"#\">"+record.Name+"</a>");

this is the original anchor code:

<a class="dataCell" onclick="top.window.opener.lookupPick('null','CF00N700000028MtX_lkid','CF00N700000028MtX','','a0DT0000000UNoE','A-2378','','')" href="#">A-2378</a>

I noticed this is written inside a form that I can use, but I'm not sure what to change in the action attribute.
<form id="new" onsubmit="if (window.ffInAlert) { return false; }" name="new" method="get" action="/_ui/common/data/LookupResultsFrame">

any help will greatly be appreciated,thanks.

As of right now, my code will update the lookup field content, but it won't actually show the content.

JShaffJShaff
Were you able to get this figured out?  I have a similar situation.

Thanks -
Nope, in  the end I just make the lookup dialog updates the value in the database and reload the parent window. Anyway, one of my friend told me that it's a bad idea to integrate your code with their frontend because it might break after a while.