function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
devel1devel1 

2 diffrent URL returned by API ,'Permission Denied' error and my findings

In my scontrol, initially I use following statement to initialize the scontrol

sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}",true);

Then I will query for different things and everything looks great. At particular point of time, I need switch to different user has having more permission to save record.  So I use following line to login

sforceClient.init(null, null, false);

sforceClient.setLoginUrl('{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}');

var loginResult = sforceClient.login(usernameName, userpwdPwd);  //I used some mechanism to hide the userid and password

Login work fine , But when I tried update the record  I get the "Permission Denied" error because of ‘trying to get the data from across domain’ issue. I am trying to save the record in sales forces and I am not trying to access different domain. By enabling 'Access data sources across domains' option in IE, work fine.

I tried debug more on this and I think found an answer.

The URL from sforeceClient (sforceClient.getUrl()) before sforceClient.login (usernameName, userpwdPwd) = https://tapp0.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0?nocache=1345677777

The URL from sforeceClient (sforceClient.getUrl()) after sforceClient.login (usernameName, userpwdPwd) =

https://tapp0-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0?nocache=1345677777

I don’t know why salesforce is returning different url and I think because of this I am getting permission denied error.

I store the old URL before login and used it later ( sforceClient.setURL(oldURl)), everything worked like a rock.

Please let me know, what Iam doing is valid one? Any suggesion is really appreciated.. It took solid half a day to figure out this problem.

Thanks

Raj

SteveBowerSteveBower

What happens if, instead of "reusing" the sforceClient context, you create a new one and use that to log in.

By this I mean you instantiate a new Sforce.Client and log in with that one, making sure to use the same endpoint.

Caveat, I have not tried this, but it's an approach that I think would work.  Please let me know.

Hope it helps, Steve Bower

Code:
 sforceClient.setLoginUrl("https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0");
 //sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}", false);
 sforceClient.setSessionId("{!API_Session_ID}");
 sforceClient.setUrl("{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}");

// do whatever you need to do with sforceClient.
        records = sforceClient.query('select... etc.');

// Now create an administrator login context
 var admin_username = "username";
 var admin_password = "password";

var adminClient = new Sforce.Client();
  adminClient.setSessionId(null); // make sure you're using the same endpoint. adminClient.setUrl(sforceClient.getUrl());
adminClient.setLoginUrl(sforceClient.getUrl()); var admin_lr = AdminClient.Login(admin_username, admin_password); // Now do what you need with the adminClient. var u = adminClient.update(records); // etc.

DevAngelDevAngel
There is a slight inconsistency between the merge field url and the url returned from the login call. You'll notice the -api in the login result url.

To get around this, after the successful login, reset the url using sforceClient.setUrl("{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}");

This will reset the endpoint to the same one that the page is being served up from.
ranirani

devel,

i also have the same requirement as u had (logging as admin). Can u please send me the code which u have used so i can see how have u implemented.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Rani