function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
john hejohn he 

approve via the mobile app

hi,

I am a newbie on the mobile application development. what I want is to develop an App on iphone to let our business man approve the approval process.  

Firstly, the app will display a list of "item to approve" on the screen, and there is a button let say "approve" on each of the item. Secondly, when the uer click the button, then he can approve it.  

the challenge is that all the information is read from sfdc via the api (enterprise wsdl) also, the opperation is based on the api.  but as sfdc says, if you access sfdc via the third part application, you have to provide the token... it is not possible for the business man to record the security token when he login sfdc via the App.

how much I am wrong on this? could anyone help?

thanks!

mobillemobille

hi jhon,

it is not respnsible of business man to record acesstoken

it is responsible of developer who developing app...developer stores acess token in his userdeafaults and he will make api calls using access token..and more over,,when your using sfdc RestAPi template dont need to send acess token to quey on objects.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Mobile_SDK_for_iOS fallow this link...

john hejohn he

Thank you Mobille,

Yes, there are two kinds of API: Native API (I mean the Enterprise/partner wsdl here) and RestAPi (used for Mobile App Development).

Unfortunately, The RestAPi does not support approval process... that is why we try to use the Native API.  But the Native API need the security token when the users login.

PlarentPlarent

Hi John,

Were you able to solve this?  So, the ProcessInstanceWorkItem has the list of pending approvals but how do you submit the approval after that?  I have tried this in the SOAP API and I cannot seem to figure it out.  I think it is not allowed.  Is that true?

Thanks,

Plarent

PlarentPlarent

Has anybody been able to perform approvals from the API?  If so, how were you able to do them?

Thanks!