function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JesseAJesseA 

Get around Authorization Token?

Understanding that its maybe removing a level of security but is there a way to get around the user having to authorize a new device for an iPad app? We have a internal app in development.  We want to try and avoid the device verification part of loggin in for the first time login since there will be many devices being enabled. The app is using OAuth2 for authentication. 

mobillemobille

what is the problem exactly you have?

Tom GersicTom Gersic

Are you talking about the Apple provisioning profile stuff?

JesseAJesseA

No, just about the SFDC device authorization code. We have many devices that float around and people will be using generic logins that they do not have access to the email boxes for.    So trying to coordinate getting the right code to the right device for authorization for a large number of devices will not be feasable. Nor will it be worth the time on-going when we get new devices in batches every week. 

Tom GersicTom Gersic

I'm sorry, but I really don't know what device authorization code you're talking about. SFDC Oauth2 doesn't validate the device. Can you post a screenshot?

JesseAJesseA

Sorry don't have a screenshot to show you. But seems like our developer is using a different method of user login/authorization. Sorry don't have the app in front of me. Looks like I need to look through the docs to see what types of authorization/login are possible from an iOS app. 

JesseAJesseA

Let me further explain that I have no experiance with iOS development or mobile in general. But our developer is using the prefered authorization method and it is asking users for a authorization token. I am just trying to see if there is a different authorization method for iOS apps which does not require an device to go through an authorization token. 

Tom GersicTom Gersic

It sounds like either your developer is doing something wrong, or you're talking about the device UDID needed to distribute mobile apps using an Apple Ad Hoc Provisioning profile (which is an Apple thing, not a Salesforce thing).

SuperfellSuperfell

If your ipads are connecting via your office network (wifi), then you can whitelist your office network to skip the unknown device challenge. (this is under security controls -> network access in setup)

SuperfellSuperfell

you mean this screen, right ?

activation

Tom GersicTom Gersic

ooooooooh THAT screen. Duh. Sorry.