function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JosephNardoneJosephNardone 

Multiple operations in SFSoupQuerySpec

Hi:

I am using smartstore in a native iOS app.  I need to search my soup for results that meet two conditions and I  don't understand how to build the SFSoupQuerySpec.

For example, I want to query my "Contacts" soup to return contacts with the Name like "smith" AND a certain OwnerId.

Is this possible using SFSoupQuerySpec?

Thanks.

Chris BrownChris Brown

I don't believe this is possible as SFSmartStore's 'querySpec' method takes only a single SFSoupQuerySpec dictionary.

I ran into this recently with a hybrid app and ended up just iterating through the results of one of my exact match fields to locate the second exact match. With a native iOS app, you could also choose to use CoreData instead of SFSmartStore if you need this kind of functionality though it will be a little more complex, esp if you need it encrypted.

I hope I'm wrong on this and someone else knows a way to do it? Mine was just a single, simple case but I can certainly see the need for this in future projects.

Chris

KevinBouhKevinBouh

Hi,

Do you (Salesforce and Smartstore developers) think this functionnality will be available soon ? Not being able to do this is a real problem.

Thanks