function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SoleesSolees 

Change SFAuthorizingViewController.xib and SFNativeRootViewController.xib in SalesforceMobileSDK 1.4

Hello friends, long time no see.

I've just updated to the new SalesforceMobileSDK 1.4 for iOS and i want to change the SFAuthorizingViewController.xib and the SFNativeRootViewController.xib, how and where can i do this? in my AppDelegate.m?

I need to control this because i already have an iOS App using the 1.2 version and i used to do this in the SFNativeRestAppDelegate.m (

- (void)setupAuthorizingViewController method).  My App works for iPhone and iPad so i need this migrate this too.

// Set up a view controller for the authentication process.

SFAuthorizingViewController *authVc = nil;

UIDevice *device = [UIDevice currentDevice];    

if ([device userInterfaceIdiom] != UIUserInterfaceIdiomPad){

authVc = [[SFAuthorizingViewControlleralloc] initWithNibName:@"SFAuthorizingViewControlleriPhone"bundle:nil];        

} else {

authVc = [[SFAuthorizingViewControlleralloc] initWithNibName:@"SFAuthorizingViewControlleriPad"bundle:nil];

}

Thanks !!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SoleesSolees

Gaurav, i did something else.

Just after you clone de github.

1. Make sure you've run ./install.sh before proceeding
  2. In Xcode, open native/SalesforceSDK/SalesforceSDK.xcodeproj
  3. In Project Navigator, open up SalesforceSDK -> Classes -> SFRestAPI.m
  4. In that file, find the "- (void)send:(SFRestRequest *)request delegate:(id<SFRestDelegate>)delegate" method
  5. The first line in that method is the NSLog line that prints out the message.  You can delete that or comment it out.
  6. You can close Xcode for now.
  7. Open a Terminal window, and cd into native/SalesforceSDK/sfdc_build/
  8. Run 'ant buildDist'
  9. Once that's done, you should have a new set of SalesforceSDK distributions in dist/SalesforceSDK/
  10. Open your app's project in Xcode
  11. In Project Navigator, find [Your App] -> dependencies -> SalesforceSDK, right-click on the folder, and Delete it (Remove References)
  12. From the Terminal app, 'cp' dist/SalesforceSDK/SalesforceSDK-Debug.zip to [Your app project root]/[Your App Name]/dependencies/
  13. cd into that folder, and either 'rm -rf' the existing SalesforceSDK folder, or 'mv' it if you want to keep the original as a precaution.
  14. 'unzip' SalesforceSDK-Debug.zip
  15. Open your project in Xcode again (or foreground it; you don't need to close Xcode from the previous step), right-click on dependencies, and choose "Add Files to "[Your App]"..."
  16. Navigate to your newly-unzipped SalesforceSDK folder in dependencies, select it, make sure the "Create groups for any added folders" radio button is selected, and click "Add"

All Answers

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Yes, it's handled via AppDelegate now.

The last comment on this thread explains what all you'll need to do - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12372289/can-anyone-help-me-setting-up-the-salesforce-mobile-sdk-for-ios

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Gaurav

SoleesSolees

Gaurav, i did something else.

Just after you clone de github.

1. Make sure you've run ./install.sh before proceeding
  2. In Xcode, open native/SalesforceSDK/SalesforceSDK.xcodeproj
  3. In Project Navigator, open up SalesforceSDK -> Classes -> SFRestAPI.m
  4. In that file, find the "- (void)send:(SFRestRequest *)request delegate:(id<SFRestDelegate>)delegate" method
  5. The first line in that method is the NSLog line that prints out the message.  You can delete that or comment it out.
  6. You can close Xcode for now.
  7. Open a Terminal window, and cd into native/SalesforceSDK/sfdc_build/
  8. Run 'ant buildDist'
  9. Once that's done, you should have a new set of SalesforceSDK distributions in dist/SalesforceSDK/
  10. Open your app's project in Xcode
  11. In Project Navigator, find [Your App] -> dependencies -> SalesforceSDK, right-click on the folder, and Delete it (Remove References)
  12. From the Terminal app, 'cp' dist/SalesforceSDK/SalesforceSDK-Debug.zip to [Your app project root]/[Your App Name]/dependencies/
  13. cd into that folder, and either 'rm -rf' the existing SalesforceSDK folder, or 'mv' it if you want to keep the original as a precaution.
  14. 'unzip' SalesforceSDK-Debug.zip
  15. Open your project in Xcode again (or foreground it; you don't need to close Xcode from the previous step), right-click on dependencies, and choose "Add Files to "[Your App]"..."
  16. Navigate to your newly-unzipped SalesforceSDK folder in dependencies, select it, make sure the "Create groups for any added folders" radio button is selected, and click "Add"
This was selected as the best answer