function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhinav_wiproAbhinav_wipro 

Critical -- Maximum size of request reached .

Hi ,
I am facing the issue when i am trying to upload the file of attachments in salesforce . I am trying to import the files less then 5 MB size .
Error encountered by me is as follows.
"Maximum size of request reached .Maximum size of request is 52428800( request size was 62421795 bytes). "
I think this is related to size of entity issue , but i am unable to figure out ..
My analysis--The entity has the limitation of 52 MB and i am trying to pump in the data of size of 62 MB . Because of which the following error was encountered .
Please help me in this regard as to what exactly has to be done to resolve this issue at the earliest, as this is getting very very critical in one of our projects and is a show stopper for us .
You can reply me back on my mail id : abhinav.chandra@wipro.com also
regards,
abhinav
SuperfellSuperfell
There a limit of 50Mb per SOAP request. If you're running into that, you'll need to pass a small number of attachments in the create call.
JohanLiljegrenJohanLiljegren
SimonF: Maybe the same answer as yours, just on another level. =)

Abhinav_wipro: I assume you're using the Apex Data Loader when you get this error. If so, what you need to do is bring the batch size down under Settings >> Settings, then Batch Size. This setting, by default, is 200. This means it will "batch up" 200 rows from your input file and put that into one call to SFDC, for performance reasons. Since one row, including its associated attachment, could be as large as 5+ Mb, importing large attachments won't work with this setting being at 200.

So, to avoid getting the above mentioned error message, given the fact that no single attachment can be larger than 5 Mb, I usually set mine to 9 (9*5 == 45, then some overhead). You would probably be ok with 10, but not with 11 in case you have attachments that are exactly on the size limit.

Hope this helps.

Regards
//Johan Liljegren