function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arronjarronj 

Issues/questions relating to Salesforce Labs Vaction(PTO) application

Dear All

I am a new Administrator to Salesforce and have installed the Salesforce labs Vacation management application and have some issues/questions - any help would be much appreciated:

1. When clicking on the employee search icon to find an employee, it seems to link to client contacts rather than users on the system.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

2. I would like to add a custom field to a users record, called holiday allowance, where I can enter their total holiday allowance for the year, can anyone advise me how to do this?

3. I would also like to add a calculated field, called vacation days remaining.  It would start at the same value as 'holiday allowance'

4. When entering a number of days off in the pto request, I would like the field to check against the users 'vacation days remainingif they have sufficient days remaining, the request for vacation should be submitted.  If not a message should be displayed telling the users what their remaining allowance is, so they can only submit the number of days allowed

Any help towards me achieving these goals would be much appreciated.

Arron
VinnyVinny
Hi Aaron,

I
VinnyVinny
Hi Aaron,

I am a new
TheBootTheBoot
I like your ideas about the total holiday time available and the others.  I'm not sure off the top of my head how you would link that back to a field on the User record.  It may be another one of those things where you can't do it until Salesforce creates Cross Object formulas. 

As for the Employee field going to the client contacts, I worked around this by creating a new, custom lookup field called Employees, and having it lookup users instead of contacts.  It hen got rid of the original Employee field, and used my new custom field.

Hope that helps a little!
:smileyhappy: