function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
smoodysmoody 

Need help with a tricky S-control

It's not often I ask for help but this one has me puzzled and I'm not sure what route to go.

I have a custom object the has 3 fields I'm trying to automate. The fields are Product Type, Product Name, and Part #.

I'm trying to use an S-control with a javascript multi-level select that I can just hover over the menu and drill down to the correct part number. But I have no idea how to get the data from the menu into a text box or into the object field itself.

I have no problems updating fields from an S-control but the menu thing has me puzzled. I started with a chain-menu drop-down but still couldn't figure out the transfer of data.

I don't want to go on and on, so a direct email or phone call might be better.
james_galindojames_galindo
Is there a click event that fires when an item in your JS menu is selected?
smoodysmoody
I may have a way to do it. I'm going to try to use just plain drop-downs and a submit button. I'll have to work on it this week.

It's basically something like this:

Product family (drop-down)
Product model (drop-down)
Part name (drop-down)

This will be a chained menu. Once you get to Part name, I need to transfer the value (actual part#) to a field in the custom object.
michaelforcemichaelforce
smoody, I had a similar problem with the Dojo toolkit, using it to drag and drop.  I was able to drag and drop objects nicely, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out a way to identify what object had been moved!  As you have suggested, sometimes simpler is better.