function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay RautVijay Raut 

Using the SFDC Console in the SControl

Hi guys....
I want to create SControl which show me the list of Product based on some criteria.

And then if i select on some product name from select list then it shuld show me the conole at bottom which displays the information of that product. ( Something like Console provided in Winter release).

So does anyone having idea of how to accomplish that in SControl?

Or can i use the standard product console in this SControl?

Please reply to this.

Thanks in advance.
michaelforcemichaelforce
Using a web tab allows you to display a page that is totally custom...  you could definitely build something like you have described, but it would not be trivial.  How do you feel about javascript?? :smileytongue:
freemanfreeman
Here is one way of doing this:

Use CSS layers (basically html DIV tag) to create the console.  To update the contents in the console:

document.getElementById("consoleId").innerHtml = contents;

Everytime, you change the selection of the product, send a query to SFDC to get the product information.  Parse the data and put it in a html table (or whatever format you want it to be) and display it in the console using the above methodology.
    To reduce the number of round trips to SFDC, you could get all the product information once and put them in some kind of data structure, and they will be in memory until the browser closes.  This will also make the page more responsive.

Regards,