function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hemmhemm 

Issues getting the Apex Toolkit for Eclipse working

I have tried getting the new Apex Toolkit for Eclipse setup, but am not having any success.  I was originally trying on an existing Eclipse 3.2 install that I have and was getting an error.  I decided to start clean, so I downloaded the Eclipse 3.2 SDK again today.  I then followed the exact instructions at https://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Apex_Toolkit_for_Eclipse. 

I am receiving the same error in both of my 3.2 installs.  When I try and create a new Apex Project, I get the following error:

Code:
The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason:
Plugin com.appexchange.toolkit was unable to load class com.appexchange.plugin.wizards.AppExchangeProjectWizard.

Any suggestions? 
DevAngelDevAngel
The best thing to do would be to goto the ADN site and follow the directions for installing the plugin.  Although the usage instructions are incomplete as of this writing, the installation instructions are accurate.
hemmhemm
I did follow the instructions at the ADN site.  I did that before making this post on the forums.  I have tried uninstalling and starting over twice.  Unless I am making the same mistake over and over again, I don't know what's wrong.

If it helps, the link below will show you a screen shot of my Manage Configuration screen in Eclipse. 

My Eclipse Install

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.
pDaisiespDaisies
I'm having problems as well. And I've also tried to install it from 2 different computers on multiple occsaions.
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta
Source : - http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=ajax_toolkit&message.id=1437

Me too facing the same problem

I got a Error Saying

Plug-in com.appexchange.toolkit was unable to load class com.appexchange.plugin.wizards.AppExchangeProjectWizard.

hemmhemm
I got it figured out.  You need to have java 1.5.  I had Java 1.4.2.  When I went to add/remove programs on my PC, I had the following listed:
  1. J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
  2. J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
  3. Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_10
  4. Java 2 SDK, SE v1.4.2_10
I uninstalled all of them and then reinstalled Java runtime from http://www.java.com/en/

After I did that, I no longer got the error and all was working fine.  The docs should probably be updated.  I think I could do it since it's a wiki, but I am not too clear on the protocol for updating the site.
hemmhemm
I updated the instructions on the wiki to ensure people check their Java version before getting started.
Ron HessRon Hess
Thank you !
ABeltranoABeltrano

I followed the ADN site instructions also placed Java Runtime 1.5 still getting error.  Question is I'm running through a proxy could this be a problem?  Any suggestions would be grateful.

Thanks,

Al

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious
I can't get the toolkit to run either. I reinstalled Eclipse/Java Runtime 1.5, etc.

This was a clean install, on a new machine.
DevAngelDevAngel
What are the symptoms you are seeing?
JppJpp
I also ran into problems. I only can get the Eclipse plugin working if I connect my laptop from home. From my office, I always get an error: for example when opening a .scf:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:62)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:46)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.setMessage(Status.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.<init>(Status.java:85)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.MultiStatus.<init>(MultiStatus.java:63)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.utils.Util.showError(Util.java:213)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.editors.scontroleditor.SControlEditor.createPages(SControlEditor.java:149)

The only difference is that my home connection is not behind a proxy.

Jean-Pierre
DevAngelDevAngel
A new version of the toolkit has been pushed with proxy support.

I don't have a proxy, so I unfortunately was not able to test it.  Get the new version and give it a go.  If it doesn't work, post a similar stack trace for me and I'll try to work it out.
JppJpp
Hi!

Tried the new version (8.0.1010 right?) this morning. I got the same problem, but the stack seems to be different. Here it is:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.ConnectionException.parseMessage(ConnectionException.java:50)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.ConnectionException.<init>(ConnectionException.java:28)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.BindingWrapper.doLogin(BindingWrapper.java:72)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.BindingWrapper.<init>(BindingWrapper.java:52)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.AppExchangePlugin.addBinding(AppExchangePlugin.java:172)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.AppExchangePlugin.getBinding(AppExchangePlugin.java:235)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.editors.scontroleditor.SControlEditor.init(SControlEditor.java:502)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:840)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:583)

Happy bug hunting!

Jean-Pierre
JppJpp
Forgot an other hint: I captured IP traffic generated when I open the scf file. My laptop tries to reach @IP 204.10
234.33 directly.

Jean-Pierre
DevAngelDevAngel
Ok, so I was able to test this on a proxy.  There is some wierdness depending on the proxy.  When I allowed entry of proxy username and password the SOAP stack gave me grief about the base64 encoded header that contains the auth.

On the proxy that I was using, if I didn't entry the username and password for the proxy server, the proxy server caused a login box to show and I was able to authenticate to it.

If the proxy does not require authentication, it works fine.

Give it a try and let me know.

Cheers
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta
Finally  i got everything working

But when i click finish on last step of Apex creation it throws following error

Could not initialize class org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.CalendarDeserializer
  com.appexchange.plugin.wizards.ConnectionPage.applySettings (ConnectionPage.java 191)
  com.appexchange.plugin.wizards.AppExchangeProjectWizard.performFinish (AppExchangeProjectWizard.java 60)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed (WizardDialog.java 680)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed (WizardDialog.java 355)
  org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$3.widgetSelected (Dialog.java 660)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent (TypedListener.java 90)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent (EventTable.java 66)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent (Widget.java 928)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents (Display.java 3348)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch (Display.java 2968)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop (Window.java 820)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open (Window.java 796)
  org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewProjectAction.run (NewProjectAction.java 116)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent (Action.java 499)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection (ActionContributionItem.java 539)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2 (ActionContributionItem.java 488)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent (ActionContributionItem.java 400)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent (EventTable.java 66)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent (Widget.java 928)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents (Display.java 3348)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch (Display.java 2968)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop (Workbench.java 1914)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI (Workbench.java 1878)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench (Workbench.java 419)
  org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench (PlatformUI.java 149)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run (IDEApplication.java 95)
  org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run (PlatformActivator.java 78)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication (EclipseAppLauncher.java 92)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start (EclipseAppLauncher.java 68)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 400)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 177)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java -2)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java 39)
  sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java 25)
  java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java 597)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework (Main.java 336)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun (Main.java 280)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run (Main.java 977)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main (Main.java 952)

Also no Scontrols come under the project explorer
JppJpp
Hi,

I still cant't get it working.

I have problems with the properties editor of the Apex projet when I try to add proxy informations.
Here is the stack trace:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-02-05 14:22:38.512
!MESSAGE Unable to create editor ID com.appexchange.plugin.editors.schemaeditor.SchemaEditor: An exception was thrown during initialization
!STACK 0
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.ConnectionException.parseMessage(ConnectionException.java:50)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.ConnectionException.<init>(ConnectionException.java:28)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.BindingWrapper.doLogin(BindingWrapper.java:72)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.wrappers.BindingWrapper.<init>(BindingWrapper.java:52)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.AppExchangePlugin.addBinding(AppExchangePlugin.java:172)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.AppExchangePlugin.getBinding(AppExchangePlugin.java:235)
    at com.appexchange.plugin.editors.schemaeditor.SchemaEditor2.init(SchemaEditor2.java:231)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:840)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:583)

I tried to manually edit .settings\com.appexchange.toolkit.prefs in my apex projet, but still no luck.
Here is the file content:

#Mon Feb 05 14:13:36 CET 2007
\!PropRest\!=true
\!PropUseProxy\!=true
eclipse.preferences.version=1
endpoint=https\://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0
frontdoor=https\://na3.salesforce.com/
password=XXX
proxyPassword=
proxyPort=3XXX
proxyServer=p-XXX
proxyUsername=