function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnthonyAnthony 

Pre-populate and Automatic Submit

I've learned how to pre-populate a form using an S-Control and/or Custom Link.

Is it possible to automatically submit the pre-populated form without user intervention?

Ultimately, I'd like to pre-populate several different forms and auto-submit them.  Sounds like a job for API man, however, I don't have access to the API due to this being a Team Edition version.

I'm workink with AJAX.  Any method that doesn't require the API would be valuable.

If you don't think this is possible, that feedback would be useful as well!

Thanks!

Anthony
TCAdminTCAdmin

Anthony,

If you are using a custom link and are wanting to have it go to the record, populate values, and save within it you can do this.  I think the field that you have to put at the end would be &save=1.  This should save the record and put the user on the view detail page of that record.

sanjaykumarsanjaykumar
Hi Anthony,
                    I am working on a similar scenario where after submitting the innformation on one obect, some of these values should be populated into the other object. Can u please help me learning how to pre populate forms using the S Controls and Custom Links..

This would be great help to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Sanjay
CI GURUCI GURU
ON this topic I have an S-control button which updates the opportunity name with the account name and date - however it opens a new browser - is there a snippet of code that would make this happen in the same window?