function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LALA 

Sforce Connector - How to install and work in Microsoft Office 2007?

Does anyone have experience in loading the Sforce connector into the new Microsoft Excel 2007?  I can't seem to get it to work.
VineetTVineetT

I recently had my work laptop upgraded (I used to have an XP machine with Office 2007 and SForce working properly). Now I have the same setup and I had to install SForce from scratch again. I installed Connect for Outlook Version: 3.2.502 which comes with OfficeToolKit Version 4.0 SForce Connector is designed to run with OfficeToolKit Version 3.0. So I uninstalled Connect for Outlook, installed the OfficeToolKit Version 3.0 and reinstalled Connect for Outlook. On doing this and adding the SForce connector plugin to Office 2007 I get an error that says "Compile Error: Object library invalid or contains references to objects definitions that could not be found."

I have tried everything and cannot get SForce Connector to work on my system. Anyone have any suggestions or tips on what I can do?

Message Edited by VineetT on 01-22-2009 03:31 PM
VineetTVineetT

I have successfully installed Sforce connector in Excel 2007.

You need to have the following installed in the order below in order for Sforce to work:

Office Toolkit 3.0

MSDN Framework 1.1

Sforce Connector

You can get Office Toolkit 3.0 Here

You can get Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Here

You can get Sforce Connector Here

Please note that in the past you had to install Connect for Microsoft Outlook from Setup>Desktop Integration. This component has been updated recently and it installs Office Toolkit 4.0 on your system. Sforce was not built to work with Office Toolkit 4.0, hence the need to install Office Toolkit 3.0. I uninstalled Connect for MS Outlook and removed the Office Toolkit 4.0(C:\Program Files\Salesforce.com\Office Toolkit) prior to reinstalling the Sforce Connector for Excel. I believe you can reinstall once Sforce is working properly.

LALA

This is good information.  I will follow your instructions and reattempt installation.

Many thanks.

VineetTVineetT
Your welcome! Good luck, let me know if you have any issues......
VineetTVineetT

Okay, once again things were not working right, so I went in and got all the Office 2007 updates from Microsoft and I had to install the Connect for MS Outlook to get everything to work right.

Once everything was there I tried loging in. I got an error message saying that either my password was wrong, I was locked out or needed my security token reset.

DO NOT DO ANY OF THESE.

Simply copy the URL location and paste it back into the URL spot and you will be able to connect to the API. Seems like some sort of bug.

I am finally done! :-)

LALA

good tips - thanks again

Have a good weekend - Going to try it at home this weekend

VineetTVineetT
Have a great weekend as well! Hopefully it will not be too stressfull! :smileyhappy:
Carsten MoellerCarsten Moeller
I installed the new Outlook integration and the Office Toolkit 4.0 that come with it. After the installation the Excel Connector stopped working. I uninstalled the the Outlook integration and reinstalled the Office Toolkit 3.0.

The Excel Connector still doesn’t work. I am getting the following error messages.

• ‘sforce_connect1.xlsx’ cannot be found. Check your spelling, or try a different path.

• ‘sforce_connect1.htm’ cannot be found. Check your spelling, or try a different path.

• Microsoft Visual Basic 400 

Does anyone know what I did wrong besides installing the Office Toolkit 4.0?