function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheMaryCTheMaryC 

lead conversio

When I convert a lead to a contact, the email defaults to work.  Is there a way to have it default to home?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TheMaryCTheMaryC
Got it.... deactivated their work rule and wrote my own.. a great learning experience....

All Answers

shillyershillyer

I'm not sure I follow. There is only one email field on the Lead and Contact, they are mapped during the conversion. Do you have a second custom email field?

Best,

Sati

TheMaryCTheMaryC

I do appologize, I have just resently signed up for this account and am still trying to figure it all out.   I am using the NonProfit CRM, if that helps.  My version has a "Contacts & Oganizations" application which states:  "This workflow OVERWRITES the existing value in the standard Email field based on the Preferred Email field value."

FormCASE(
npe01__Preferred_Email__c ,
"Work",
npe01__WorkEmail__c ,
"Personal",
npe01__HomeEmail__c,
"Alternate",
npe01__AlternateEmail__c,
If(LEN(npe01__WorkEmail__c)>0 , npe01__WorkEmail__c ,
if(LEN( npe01__HomeEmail__c)>0, npe01__HomeEmail__c,
npe01__AlternateEmail__c
)))ula-Can not be edited.

So I'am assuming this application somewhere/somehow has a rule or something that makes it devert to work when the leads are converted?

Thanks

TheMaryCTheMaryC

Ok, I'm learning... I've found the fiedl update in the "contact & Organizatin " application, but don't have the ability to change it...

Action TypeDescription
Field UpdateSet Pref Email to Work
Field UpdateSet Work Email to Email

Managed - InstalledEmail only: Paste to WorkIf there is a value in Email but no values in any email fields or Preferred Email
TheMaryCTheMaryC
Got it.... deactivated their work rule and wrote my own.. a great learning experience....
This was selected as the best answer