function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tangotango 

email to case - case not found reply option

It would be nice to be able to determine behavior for a routing address regarding when no Case (Thread) is found for an inbound email. We would like the ability in the gateway to 'NOT' create a new case if the case id/thread was not found but rather bounce the email back to the user. Obviously this would not be an email bounce but a response from the email2Case gateway indicating the error finding the case.

Does anyone know if this can be done or is being worked on for a future release?

Thanks

Message Edited by tango on 11-09-2006 05:33 PM

Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen

This is an excellent question and, despite it being over two years old, still a viable request.

I am currently doing exactly this with a Sieve filter running on the mailbox that the Email Agent is inspecting, but if we are to move to the Ondemand solution, I will need to make sure that this filter is applied before the message is redirected by our gateway and I would prefer to perform this action within SFDC itself.

Some level of filtering control on the Email Services and/or Ondeman Email to Case would bring their Email Services selection closer to a full featured email client.