function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tpyletpyle 

Email2Case does not attach email attachments to case

I am having problems getting email attachments to generate case attachments using the email2case agent. I can successfully generate cases from emails, however the email attachments do not get passed through.  Has anyone else encountered issues with this and if so how did you resolve them.

It shouldn't make a difference but I am using a developer Salesforce account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
dani-mestrelabdani-mestrelab

I haven't tried it but... I think that you can find the solution here

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cOVEAY

All Answers

tpyletpyle

Go figure as soon as I submit the post I figure it out.  My findings are below to hopefully save someone else some time.

My issue is that I was expecting the attachments to be put in the attachment related item of the case when in fact everything was stored in the email related item.

zubastikzubastik
I had the same problem. In fact it's not a problem, it's just a matter of not being attentive :)

So to see the the attachement related to a Case, I need to open the Mail and only after this to download the Attachement. But is there a possibility to somehow show the link to the Attachement direclty in the Case Layout? The Case has a field named "Attachement", but for Cases generated by Email-to-Case this field remains empty.

Thanks for ideas ;)

Message Edited by zubastik on 11-05-2007 06:19 AM

insanedukeposseinsanedukeposse

Has anybody ever come up with a workaround for this issue? We would really like to see the attachments at the case level, not have to drill into the email. I'm sure I could figure something out with a workflow rule and trigger, but would like to see if there are other options...

dani-mestrelabdani-mestrelab

I haven't tried it but... I think that you can find the solution here

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cOVEAY

This was selected as the best answer