function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aeroman2010aeroman2010 

Integrating SFDC with Trac

Does anyone know if there is some type of pre-built integration somewhere for Trac by edgewall and SFDC? I would really perfer to install something, but if someone knows the best way to go about setting up an integration between the two it would be very helpful as well.

start_s1start_s1
How do you see integration beyween Trac and SFDC should work? What database do you use at the backeend of Trac? What SFDC version you have?
aeroman2010aeroman2010

The integration that I would like is two ways. I want to be able to recieve Trac Ticket updates and I want to be able to post updates back to trac. Essentially the idea is for a custom Object to maintain the info and for our technicians to be able to use that rather than having to login to Trac. The custom object would have a editable form that we would allow for the technicians to be able to create tickets, thus prompting them and or requiring that they enter all of the correct information prior to submitting a ticket.

I am not 100% sure of the database that we are using on the backend, I'll have to see if I can find that out as I don't manage that particular system.

We are using the Unlimited Edition of SFDC

PoolBoyPoolBoy

If you have an unlimited SFDC license, why don't you make use of Cases and just create other record types?

Or are you planning to make use of some ofthe other Trac features as well?

Trac is written in Python so you'd need to create a webservice manner of "talking" between Salesforce and your Trac system. (Google searches for "Python Webservice" brings up heaps of hits)