function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike 

Find Nearby Accounts Questions

I just installed FNA for one of my clients. Overall a really great app.

We ran into a few  issues/questions that I wanted to check on:

• When I change the "Map Address" field to "Do Not Map" and click [Save], the field immediately changes back to "Billing" and the Mapping Status changed to "Not Located Yet". I had the same problem when trying to bulk set a bunch of in-active/dormant accounts to "Do Not Map" - it just ignored the change.
  • Account Type field on Mapping visualforce page. My client does not use Account Type for most users. Even though we have the field security set to hide the field for specific profiles, it's still displayed on the Mapping page. Is there a way to either hide this entirely or have it respect field security?
  • When are new or changed accounts geocoded - immediately, scheduled, on-demand only? Can't find the answer to this. I see a trigger on Account, but being managed I can't look at the code.

Best Regards,

Mike

• Setting the "Map Address" field to "Do Not Map"
  • Account Type field on Mapping visualforce page
  • When are new or changed accounts geocoded - immediately, scheduled, on-demand only?
Find NearbyFind Nearby

Hi Mike,

• When I change the "Map Address" field to "Do Not Map" and click [Save], the field immediately changes back to "Billing" and the Mapping Status changed to "Not Located Yet". I had the same problem when trying to bulk set a bunch of in-active/dormant accounts to "Do Not Map" - it just ignored the change.

Yes, I have a trigger built in that "cleans up" missing or incomplete data when you update the Address / Status/ or Do Not Map fields.  Eitherway, I don't see an issue here... It simply won't map that record.

• Account Type field on Mapping visualforce page. My client does not use Account Type for most users. Even though we have the field security set to hide the field for specific profiles, it's still displayed on the Mapping page. Is there a way to either hide this entirely or have it respect field security?

Unfortunately not, there isn't any way to hide/ remove this field from the page.  If your user doesn't have access to that field, Apex should respect those security permissions.  Have you seen otherwise?

• When are new or changed accounts geocoded - immediately, scheduled, on-demand only? Can't find the answer to this. I see a trigger on Account, but being managed I can't look at the code.

Records are only geocoded in two ways.  You manually click the link on the record, or by using the GeoCode tab.

So... on-demand, and "batch" on-demand.

Hope this helps Mike!

Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike

Thanks for your response.

For "Do Not Map" are you saying that doesn't work for you either? We can't change the Mapping Address value to "Do Not Map". Each time we do and click [Save] it just resets back to "Billing Address".

I agree that Account Type should be hidden given the user security settings, but apparently that's not the case. My guess is that the field was implemented as a apex:selectList field instead of apex:inputField, so it won't take standard security into account.

To work-around the manual geocoding requirement I created a Trigger that tries to geocode the account manually using a callout to Google maps. If that fails with a 620 error, then a time-dependent workflow rule retries the geocode in 12 hours.

Best Regards,

Mike