function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Atif MohammedAtif Mohammed 

how to edit managed custom objects field type where the app was packaged in salesforce

I have done an managed packaging for my app and released it .And now i want to change some of  the custom field types for the next client side requirement.

Is there any restriction for doing it,if soo can any one help me out with an alternate to solve this error.

SFDCStarSFDCStar

It seems like, Can change custom field types and upadte managed package.

But i am unable to change the field-type of the object fields once manage-release packaging is done
SFDCStarSFDCStar

Yes, you are right.

FYI:

Why?This Custom Field Definition is part of an upgradeable package you have uploaded to the AppExchange.
What Can I Edit?For managed Custom Field Definitions, the following items are editable:
Master Label
Master Language
Description
Length
Precision
Scale
Required
Cascade Delete
Detail Write Requires Master Read Sharing
Restricted Delete
Decimal notation
Reparentable Master Detail
Sort Alphabetically
Picklist strictly enforced
Auto Number Display Format
Default Value
Formula
Related List Label
Summary Filter
Help Text
Mask Type
Mask Character
External Data Entity
Lookup Filter Options
To simplify the upgrade process, all other attributes are locked.

Ya this is the problem i am facing off as,i have uploaded the package on appexchange and its has passed the security review process and now i want to upgrade some of the field-type and i am unable to do it because i cant edit some of the following things as u have mentioned
Nimble TedNimble Ted

The subscribers to your application might have their own customization that use those fields, and depend on the existing field types, and so the packaging framework does not permit them to be modified or removed. 

The best you can do is to add replacement fields and use those instead. Ideally, the package should continue to maintain the old fields, to the extent possible. 

-Ted.