function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sushma_RaoSushma_Rao 

Salesforce mobile, SDK and Touch

Hi all,

I am new to Salesforce mobile development,

I am  confused about the salesforce mobile, salesforce sdk which is different for android, ios and the salesforce touch platform.

Can some one give an overview difference for all of the above.

Regards,

Sushma

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

That is absolutely correct. If this resolves your queries, please mark this question as 'solved' so that others can benefit as well.

Regards,
Gaurav

All Answers

This page explains it clearly. Mobile SDK is just one of the three components of the Tocuh platform. Specifically, it's the basically the mobile container while the two other components are Force.com for Touch and Identity. To summarize, you can still build mobile force.com apps just using the Mobile SDK without using the 2 other components (unless you specifically want to use them)

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Salesforce_touch_platform

I'm hoping this helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

Sushma_RaoSushma_Rao
Thanks for the reply, but does this mean that the concept of the sales force mobile and the sales force sdk is totally different,
The sales force mobile is an application that can show the sales force users their data on the mobile and the sdk is used for the development in the native and hybrid apps and is different for android development as well as for ios development. And only if we want the touch platform usage we will develop pages using the touch controls.
This is my understanding , can you correct me if i am wrong.

That is absolutely correct. If this resolves your queries, please mark this question as 'solved' so that others can benefit as well.

Regards,
Gaurav

This was selected as the best answer