function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abhaabha 

Communication between android app and salesforce cloud

My project involves an android app which detects user's location. I want to store that location on salesforce cloud. How can I pass latitude,longitude from android app to salesforce cloud? On cloud I am storing that coordinates in custom object. I am processing that coordinates on salesforce cloud.

Further on, when User sends request from website , I want to send some information(like name and address) from salesforce cloud to android app( i.e.. to several android users.).  How can I pass this information from android app to salesforce and vice a versa?  Is it possible to implement this functionality using REST? From where should I start?

Does anybody know some free app from app exchange, which is doing android-salesforce cloud communication?

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Abha,

You can pass lat & long as parameters in a REST call from your Android client to Salesforce. You can then store these as attributes of any custom object in Salesforce.

I'd recommend looking at the Android Mobile SDK samples like ContactExplorer as a starting point.

Regards,

Gaurav