function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GangsGangs 

Hybrid mobile components sample does not work

Hi,

I am trying to play with Salesforce mobile hybrid development.  While going through "salesforce touch platform Mobile Development Guide", I got the code from github and deployed it on salesforce.com environment as mentioned in " Chapter 7: Hybrid Development with Mobile Components for Visualforce".  Here is the github location from the code is downloaded "

git clone https://github.com/forcedotcom/MobileComponents.git".  Followed the exact steps mentioned in "Installing the Components".  When I tried to access the MobilePage (which used splitview to display the list in left pane and details on right pane), The list is getting displayed in the left pane, but the details were not getting displayed.

I believe the application is dong something.  When I used developer console, I could see changing contact Ids.  In the developer console log I noticed the below message, not sure whether it is causing the issue or not, but wanted to share it with you.  fields|{"serId":1,"value":"List of size 42 too large to display"}

I greatly appreciate if someone can help me, why the contact details are not changing, when I click on the contact in left pane.

I am not sure whether t

Regards,

Gm

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Where/ how are you running this?

Regards,
Gaurav

GangsGangs

Hi Gaurav,

I deployed these components in my developer org as per the documentation and access them through browser using the URL https://<org URL>/apex/MobilePage.

Regards,

Gangadhar

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Interesting. I was able to get it to work in my org using the same steps. Are you trying it in a new sandbox? Does your org have a large number of contacts by any chance?

Regards,
Gaurav

GangsGangs

It is not a sandbox.  It is a developer Org and does not many contacts.  It has 7 records.  I created a small custom object and tried with that too.  It has only 4 records.  I am not sure, why it is not working.  I appreciate any help you can provide.

koirakoira

Worked for me too, just followed the steps in the book. Have you tried to run it as an Hybrid app on a device? For me, when I try on my iPad it launches into a blank screen.

GangsGangs
Thanks for your replies. I believe it might be an issue with the browser. I reinstalled the application. When I accessed the visualforce page from Google Chrome browser, the application is displayed the details. The same visualforce page, when I accessed it from Firefox, it does not display the details. Earlier I was always accessing it from Firefox browser and was thinking it is not working. I never suspected the browser issue.