function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
koirakoira 

Debug prints after Log in

Hi,

How do I turn off the debug prints while loggin in a Hybrid/iPad app. Each time after I have entered my credentials in the login screen, it's followed by a white screen with debug log like: 

* At 84ms: OnDeviceReady called: Cordova is ready.

* At 86ms: deviceIsOnline connType: wifi

Thanks

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins
Take a look at bootstrap.html. The JS in that page is required, but the page can otherwise be styled and displayed however you like, within the confines of HTML/CSS.
koirakoira

Thanks, but is there a flag to control whether one would like to show the debug console or not. This screen is good when you are developing the app but will be distraction for the consumers, who will be using the product version of may app.

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

You might want to try the solution I've suggested on this thread.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Mobile/Remove-the-debug-console-page-when-I-run-a-Hybrid-demo/m-p/448305#M580

I hope this helps

Cheers!
Gaurav

There is a flag.  In your bootconfig.js file, set:

var debugMode = false;

That should stop the debug log messages from being reported to your bootstrap page.

koirakoira

Ok so I can use the debugMode flag to turn on and off the logging but I wanted to completely get rid of this extra console screen. Can we put the bootstrap code elsewhere?

Here's the sequence of screens presented before the landing page of my app. I would like to get rid of debug Console screen and salesforce blue screen.

1. Login screen - 2.debug Console screen - 3.Salesforce blue screen 4.landing page of my app.

Any suggestions..

Thanks.

The "debug console screen" page can't physically move—it has to be called bootstrap.html.  But beyond this JS block:

<script>
    document.addEventListener("deviceready", cordova.require("salesforce/util/bootstrap").onDeviceReady);
</script>

and the JS includes, literally none of the other specific content in that page is required.  You can make it into whatever HTML page you want for your styling needs.

The Salesforce blue screen is unfortunately not stylable at this point, as it exists on the server, in between your local app load and your ultimate landing page.