function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VimalaVimala 

Saving Data from smartstore soup to salesforce.com

I am using the native mobile iOS SDK of Salesforce to store data offline and synchronizing back to the server. I was able to upsert entries to the smartstore database. I need to synchronize now. I could find no method in the SmartStore API which enables me to upload data to the salesforce.com. Would you be able to point me to the right direction about how to achieve this?

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

SmartStore, on its own, does not implement an interaction model with the service.  To synchronize with the service, you would pull records out of SmartStore, and use the REST API to update them in Salesforce.

In the 2.0 SDK, we will be delivering hybrid tools on top of SmartStore and common JS libraries, to demonstrate higher level data interactions and syncrhonization tools for use with the service.  We may look to support those interactions in native, in a future release.

bujjibujji

Hi,

I am also tring to use the smartstore to save the data in offline mode, but while quering or upserting i am getting some error on "SFQuerySpec" and not able to figure it. If you know guide me.

ndefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SFQuerySpec", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in SSInterface.o
      objc-class-ref in FirstPage1.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks,

Bujji

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

That "undefined symbols" error is usually caused by not linking the library with the symbol (in this case the library with SFQuerySpec—libSalesforceSDKCore.a for 2.0 and beyond) in your project.  Have you linked the SDK libraries in your Xcode project settings?