function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tonante27tonante27 

Build Problem using CloudTunes for Android Sample App

HI. I need help to determine a possible bug:

I am attempting to run the Android CloudTunes App but my problem is different that the previous post at http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Mobile/Unable-to-run-the-android-sample-cloud-tunes-app/m-p/485461#M914.
I use www,github.com's version of CloudItunes app. Here are my setup steps:

0. Set up Eclipse Helios with the Android ADT bundle and using Android SDK manager set up all included files needed with Android ver 2.2
1. I cloned the directory for GitHub's Sales Force mobile SDK
2. I have JDK 1.7 installed
3. I'm Running Windows 7
4. I ran the cscript install

5. When I load Eclipse, I get an error indicating that the "gen" directory did not build.
6. I Looked at the src code and verified that the "gen" folder is not being built and thus the com.Salesforce.androidsdk Rest , App, and Utility class files are not being included (imported) within the CloudTunes java class files
like AlbumListActivity.java when the project is uploaded into eclipse. However; The android.widget library file is Ok.

Q) I am not sure what is wrong. Has anyone experienced this problem too?
Q) Do I need to create a gen sub directory under com.salesforce.androidsdk and add some sort of build file and then rebuild using Eclipse?

Thanks much for your help.

tonante27tonante27

I believe I may have found the solution to my problem:

After reviewing the Salesforce Touch Platform. I discovered that it adds information where the Mobile SDK Work Book left off concerning Android setup (see steps 3 - 6 below).  I need to:

1. Open up Eclipse
  2. Select File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace
  3. Select SALESFORCE_SDK_DIR/native  as my root directory  and start importing projects  from there.
  4. For each project  I import I need to right-click on the project  and then choose New > Folder
  5. Set that New Folder name to "gen".
  6.  Create a gen folder for every new project that I create.

Eclipse will auto-build these .   I will try this.