function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jfurr_improveit360jfurr_improveit360 

Where is SaleforceSDK-1.5.jar for Android?

I have the forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android cloned and I'm trying to upgrade our existing mobile app to the latest SDK and I'm unable to find the Salesforce jar file that is referenced.

Does anyone know where to find it?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Read this - http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/9868/need-salesforce-sdk-jar-file

The Android SDK is now an Android Library project, and as such can't be just included as a jar, it needs to be included as an actual source code project. You'll want to clone the repo and add the relevant projects to your workspace (assuming you're using eclipse)

Hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,
Gaurav

All Answers

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Read this - http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/9868/need-salesforce-sdk-jar-file

The Android SDK is now an Android Library project, and as such can't be just included as a jar, it needs to be included as an actual source code project. You'll want to clone the repo and add the relevant projects to your workspace (assuming you're using eclipse)

Hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,
Gaurav

This was selected as the best answer
JeffTrullJeffTrull

The problem with this answer is that while true, it does not explain what to do instead :)

This error message appears when you try to follow the instructions in the README.md files within the SDK and then build one of the example projects (ContactExplorer, for example).  In my case, SalesforceSDK is displayed in the Package Explorer, but still when ContactExplorer is built it wants to find this file salesforcesdk.jar.  Should some setting in the ContactExplorer project be changed?  Are the instructions in the README.md incorrect?  Thanks.

Gaurav GulanjkarGaurav Gulanjkar
Try to change the project.Properties xml file.Open the file and change the path this way for android.library.reference.1=../SalesforceSDK
mnnit.laltukumar1.391409072680632E12mnnit.laltukumar1.391409072680632E12
Suppose I want to add new feature to my existing android application which needs Salesforce implementation. Can I include the jar file for Salesforce for that or I have include in the source project. Can I do create a new android project which includes the salesforce implemented in that and include that project as jar in my existing application.

Can u suggest me some solution.