function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gaurav GulanjkarGaurav Gulanjkar 

Contact Explorer app errors

Hi Guys, I need ur help.I have downloaded contact explorer hybrid app.But when i run it as android app i am getting following 2 errors: 1) The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for com.phonegap.DroidGap. Fix the build path then try building this project . 2) The type com.phonegap.DroidGap cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files. Thanks, Gaurav
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

Looks like you've not setup the Android Force.com SDK and run the steps listed in the README. You need to complete those first and all build errors should be resolved then.

Thanks Gaurav, I have tried all the steps from the README doc but still i get these errors.Any guess what is happening: 1) Archive for required library: 'C:/Users/RYU/SalesforceSDKRepo/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android/SalesforceSDK/libs/cordova-2.3.0.jar' in project 'ContactExplorer' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file. 2) Archive for required library: 'C:/Users/RYU/SalesforceSDKRepo/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android/SalesforceSDK/libs/cordova-2.3.0.jar' in project 'SalesforceSDK' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file. 3) The container 'Android Dependencies' references non existing library 'C:\Users\RYU\SalesforceSDKRepo\SalesforceMobileSDK-Android\SalesforceSDK\bin\salesforcesdk.jar' 4) The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved. 5) The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved.

This was a known issue earlier but should work now.

Refer the details here - https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android/issues/276

Hi Gaurav,The video did help me to run the app first time.But when i tried to run the Contact Explorer(Same app) on 2 day in the emulator,I am getting "Web page not available' error.Any idea.I have already created a connected app with full OAuth scopes options and also i have modified the bootconfig.js file with the "Consumer Key" and the redirect URI accordingly.Any idea what is happenning.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,I found the issue what is happening.First time when i ran the app on my data card it is working fine.But when i change the network its giving me an error saying "Web page not available". Can you put some light on this.So that i can run the app on all the networks.

Thanks,
Gaurav Gulanjkar

I've seen similar issues in a couple of my hybrid aps. Can you try logging out from the app and trying to login again/ force closing and logging in again? Let me know if that fixes the issue.

@Gaurav,The app did run on other network but when i changed the android version.Previously i was running the app on android 2.2 version.Afterwards when i change the version it worked on other networks.

As i am new to mobile apps,.My organisation has a partner portal now they want to have an app.Which will run on all the platform.So which approch should i take and how do i should i go for it go for it.The portal users can also login.

Approach - do you mean to ask whether you should adopt a native or hybrid approach? 

Hi,Yes i need to to know like what architecture i should ues in my situation.And which all frameworks i should know.