function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cdolcdol 

How do I output username in iOS SDK using OAuth?

Hello,

I've followed a few pointers and tutorials around the web for the task I am trying to complete, but nothing has worked so far.

I've added what I believe to be the necessary SDK components to my XCode Project (still using 4.3, not 5.0 for iOS 7). I've setup a new view controller and included it in my navigation controller. This view is for a new 'Settings' page I am trying to create.

Currently user authentication works just fine with the authenticator view. However, this is the class I am using to try and output data to three labels after login and navigation to the Settings view: 

#import "SQSettingsViewController.h"
#import "SFAccountManager.h"
#import "SFIdentityData.h"

@interface SQSettingsViewController ()

@end

@implementation SQSettingsViewController

@synthesize salesforceFirstName, salesforceLastName, salesforceUsername, firstNameLabel, lastNameLabel, usernameLabel;

- (id)initWithNibName:(NSString *)nibNameOrNil bundle:(NSBundle *)nibBundleOrNil
{
    self = [super initWithNibName:nibNameOrNil bundle:nibBundleOrNil];
    if (self) {
        // Custom initialization
    }
    return self;
}

- (void)viewDidLoad
{
    [super viewDidLoad];
	// Do any additional setup after loading the view.
    salesforceUsername = [SFAccountManager sharedInstance].idData.username;
    salesforceFirstName = [SFAccountManager sharedInstance].idData.firstName;
    salesforceLastName = [SFAccountManager sharedInstance].idData.lastName;
    firstNameLabel.text = salesforceFirstName;
    lastNameLabel.text = salesforceLastName;
    usernameLabel.text = salesforceUsername;

NSLog(@"Username: %@, first name: %@, Last Name: %@", salesforceUsername, salesforceFirstName, salesforceLastName);

}

- (void)didReceiveMemoryWarning
{
    [super didReceiveMemoryWarning];
    // Dispose of any resources that can be recreated.
}

@end

And the output I get in my console: 

2013-07-29 08:44:28.099 Sequoia[26397:c07] SFOAuthCoordinator:authenticate: authenticating as REDACTED.REDACTED.REDACTED.REDACTED with refresh token on 'https://login.salesforce.com' ...
2013-07-29 08:44:28.342 Sequoia[26397:c07] oauthCoordinatorDidAuthenticate for userId: REDACTED
2013-07-29 08:44:32.738 Sequoia[26397:c07] Username: (null), first name: (null), Last Name: (null)

Any pointers here? I'm at a loss because the only thing I see for REST API usage is SFIdentityData... a little confused! Any help is appriciated!

Thank you!

akhilesh_sfdcakhilesh_sfdc
I just tried with latest iOS7 and Xcode 5 and the code seems to work fine for me. Are you still running into this issue?
cdolcdol
Yes! Please, could you share a project from github that has this working? If you have proprietary code obviously that won't work, but I could really use help here.

I'm using a shared instance but the object is never instantiated. Values continue to be null, and I feel as though I really just don't have a handle on how Salesforce handles OAuth :-(
akhilesh_sfdcakhilesh_sfdc

I have uploaded my xcode project here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pb8ra9nbl2q0tg/NativeSDKApp.zip

Again, I have tried this on XCode 5 with iOS 7. Hope this helps!