function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SandunSandun 

Apple AppStore reviewer access to SFDC account without being presented with verification code

Hi All,

We have a iOS Hybrid app that we want to submit to the AppStore.  I have a sample/demo account that I can provide the AppStore reviewer to use in order to try out the app. My question is, is there a way to disable/skip the "verification code" during the OAuth workflow.  Most likely when the reviewer attempts to login (first time) to the demo account via in-app OAuth,  Salesforce will show the message "Enter your verification code" (which will be emailed to me). I am hoping that reviewer will contact us (info provided in iTunesConnect) when this happens - but of course may delay the review process.

Has any one run into this problem? Or is this really a non-issue?

Thanks.

- Sanun

SandunSandun

Hi Akhilesh, thanks for the link. 

That posts basically states that you cannot disable (or bypass) verification codes yourself in your dev org. A few have been lucky in getting it disabled by asking SFDC to disable it (which may requiring some paper work/ legal docs signed).

So looks like this is a no-go.

SandunSandun

Quick update: Our app was rejected due to the verification code - basically they were not able to test/review it as they were not able to login to the SFDC account. We left our contact number as well - but the review was done during off hours.

Have any other developers  run into this problem when submitting SFDC mobile apps to the Apple AppStore ?

akhilesh_sfdcakhilesh_sfdc
You can probably go to setup and under the user's personal information, you will be able to find the IP address from which Apple tried to login as that user. You can then probably whitelist that IP range before you submit the app again for review.
SandunSandun

I ended up white listing Apple's known IP range (for US) and more:  17.0.0.0 -> 17.255.255.255 and it worked. 

The method mentioned by akhilesh_sfdc  would be also good to quick narrow down the IP range.