function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jvjv 

DataLoader - Works with JRE 1.4.2, but not with JRE 1.5

I can get DataLoader to run with JRE 1.4.2, but not with JRE 1.5.04. I'm getting a Null Pointer Exception at Login.

Is anyone else seeing this/

Jason
EnderEnder
The dataloader uses Axis 1.1 (slightly enhanced for dataloading pleasure), but unfortunately 1.1 does not work out of the box with 1.5.

You can either

a) use 1.4
b) switch the dataloader to use Axis 1.2 (but you'll want to re-implement persistant connections and compression)
c) switch out the xml parsers in 1.5 and write Sun an email telling them that when upgrading a jdk breaking the way xml is parsed is not as user-friendly as say, leaving it the same.
spazurespazure

Ender wrote:
The dataloader uses Axis 1.1 (slightly enhanced for dataloading pleasure), but unfortunately 1.1 does not work out of the box with 1.5.

You can either

a) use 1.4
b) switch the dataloader to use Axis 1.2 (but you'll want to re-implement persistant connections and compression)
c) switch out the xml parsers in 1.5 and write Sun an email telling them that when upgrading a jdk breaking the way xml is parsed is not as user-friendly as say, leaving it the same.

c sounds like a good idea!
jvjv
Okay, so my java is not as strong as the author's. So assuming that "B" is really the "right" answer, is there an estimate to get "b) switch the dataloader to use Axis 1.2 (but you'll want to re-implement persistant connections and compression)" done?

I was hoping to use 1.5 and EJB3 to write an inhouse "sync" process between Salesforce and our Oracle DB. Currently, we are using DataJunction (whatever Pervasive calls it)...to move data back-and-forth between the two systems. This is kind of a pain because of how the individual record error handling is "not" handled.

Jason