function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobLofaroRobLofaro 

Trouble adding Opportunity Product Line Items to an Opportunity via Excel Connector

I have tried to add Products to Opportunities via the Excel connector, but the Pricebook and Pricebook Entry IDs are system generated and I can't seem to be able to add. 

The Error I received from Excel Connector was:

Insert Row Failed:
Insertion error

Any thoughts?
NeilMessenbird.ax279NeilMessenbird.ax279
Had a similar error via another route. You should be able to add the "Price Book ID" at the Opportunity level (care you need to select the correct ID here) and the the "Price Book Entry ID" at the Opp product level
RobLofaroRobLofaro
Thanks Neil.  It turns out that when inserting the Opportunity Product Line Item in either the Data Loader or Excel Connector, you must specify ONLY the Pricebook Entry ID and leave the Product ID blank.  You'd think that the programs would just ignore them, but for some reason, it causes problems.
smikesmike
Hi ,

I am facing the same issue and am trying to add/update products to opportunities via the Data loader/Excel connector. What is the correct field name to identify the product name. I tried, Opportunity line item, pricebook entry id, etc and all of them are generating "invalid label" messges.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sheeba
NeilMessenbird.ax279NeilMessenbird.ax279
Hi Sheeba

PriceBookEntryID should be correct - you also need to make sure you have selected a price book (at Opp level) and that the two tie in

Neil
smikesmike

I was able to add products using the directions from the salesforce guide available on the following link. To add prodcuts, we need the pricebook id, product2 ID and the line item ID.

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?body=%2F_ui%2Ftraining%2Fhelp%2Fpub%2FUserEdSolution&orgId=00D000000000062&id=50130000000K6q4

Thanks
Sheeba