function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deanpagedeanpage 

Email 2 Case as service ?

I downloaded the email2case package and configured it. It seems to work fine when I run it from the command-line.

Now I want to run it in the background or as a service on a Windows 2003 Server.

Not being a Java developer I don't know how to package it so that it can run as a service.

I have tried to run the batch file in the background using the AT command but it fails.

I have tried looking at SrvAny technology from Microsoft Service Resouce Kit but this only works with EXEs.

Could someone please provide me some guidelines on how I can get Email2Case running a service.

Thanks,

Dean Page.
Applaud-IT

warrenlesterwarrenlester

We use firedaemon with no problems.

Warren

shughesshughes
I was able to get this working tonight on a Windows 2003 machine using the javaservice executable from (http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/javaservice/).

I installed the server by creating an install batch script:

installemail.bat
set INSTDIR=C:\salesforce_email_sync\EmailAgent
set TC_BIN=C:\salesforce_email_sync\EmailAgent
SET TC_START=com.sforce.SalesforceAgent -params %INSTDIR%\sfdcConfig.txt %INSTDIR%\log4j.properties

SET tcexe=%TC_BIN%\EmailtoCaseService.exe
copy JavaService.exe "%tcexe%" > nul

"%tcexe%" -install "SFDC Email to Case" "c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\client\jvm.dll"

-Djava.class.path="%INSTDIR%\Email2Case.jar;%INSTDIR%\lib\activation.jar;%INSTDIR%\lib\imap.jar;%INSTDIR%\lib\log4j-1.2.8.ja

r;%INSTDIR%\lib\mailapi.jar;%INSTDIR%\lib\partnerWSDL.jar;%INSTDIR%\lib\pop3.jar;%INSTDIR%\lib\smtp.jar;%INSTDIR%\lib\wsc.ja

r" -start %TC_START% -out "%INSTDIR%\logs\SalesforceAgent.log" -err "%INSTDIR%\logs\SalesforceAgent_err.log"

I've tested it out and it works well so far.

shughesshughes
I found one fault in the command in the batch that needed to be change. You need to use stdout and stderr for any logging to occur. "-out "%INSTDIR%\logs\stdout.log" -err "%INSTDIR%\logs\stderr.log"".
cluelessclueless
Did you put anything in the Dependencies Tab and the Environment Tab?  If so, what information needs to be populated in these tabs?  Unfortunately we do not have anyone on staff who is familar with setting up Services.  Any advice will be great.

Thanks,
clueless