function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VarunCVarunC 

Deploying Changes using Force.come IDE

Hi,

I'm using Eclispe 3.3.2 to Deploy changes to My Developer Salesforce account. But I'm receiving this error as specified in the attachment.

Error Screen Link: http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sshot1bf1.jpg

- Varun

Message Edited by vchaddha on 11-09-2008 10:16 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RickyGRickyG
vchaddha -

The first error message looks like some type of problem with either security or locking based on another user.  The second seems to indicate that the lookupFilterFields is not available for the Rate__c object.  Try using the Salesforce Schema explorer in the IDE to investigate this second one.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

RickyGRickyG
vchaddha -

The first error message looks like some type of problem with either security or locking based on another user.  The second seems to indicate that the lookupFilterFields is not available for the Rate__c object.  Try using the Salesforce Schema explorer in the IDE to investigate this second one.

Hope this helps.
This was selected as the best answer
advlgxadvlgx
what is a lookupfilterfield? As in Lookup Dialogs or Search Filter Fields in Search Layouts for an object? What could be a problem here or a limiting factor for this error to be caused?
VarunCVarunC
The error message being generated is:

"lookupFilterFields not appropriate for this object" for my custom object.

I've created a Custom Object named Rate, and have defined Search layouts for it.

Is there ANYTHING I need to confirm Before I create Search layouts. Have I missed anything while creating the search layouts.

and for the error:
"unable to obtain exclusive access to this record". Why I'm not able to hold exclusive access to this record? How can I control Access Security Right in Salesforce?

Please help.

This is the DEBUG Log:

Deploy Results:
   Name:    objects/Contact.object
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record

Name:    objects/Rate__c.object
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: lookupFilterFields not appropriate for this object
RickyGRickyG
Did you have enhanced lookups enabled in the originating org and not in the target org? 
VarunCVarunC
Actually, Source environment has All Custom Objects and Custom Fields ... and Target Environement is the Default Environment, which I've just signed up as new developer account.

EDIT: Ok, I've just checked and found that Ehnaced Lookups were not enabled, i've enabled and checked all checkboxes in target environment ... and Still received SAME error message.

EDIT 2: I've removed the Lookup fields from search layouts, so Now the Second Issue is removed, But the Contact object permission issue STILL remains, any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Message Edited by vchaddha on 11-12-2008 07:18 AM
advlgxpmadvlgxpm

Unless someone has an answer, this needs to be reported as a bug!

The issue seems to be that you can not deploy an object to a target org, whether or not they have any enhanced lookups enabled in the Customize>UI section of setup.

You simply can not deploy, from your source org, any objects to a target org, where enhanced lookups have been enabled on the source org object.

Here is another post with the exact same symptoms

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=appexdirectory&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=1112