function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cherialcherial 

Including all fields of an HTML page in a tab...

I have two html files and each file consisted several Text fields, buttons, check boxes.

Question: I want to include all the fields that available in html files in separate tabs. I tried with web tab but this is not the actual way to achieve.
shillyershillyer
I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but I'm thinking two ways to approach this.

1. You create a page layout on your object and add the fields, buttons, etc. you desire. Then this page layout can be assigned to various profiles when viewing a record. This can be achieved with clicks, not code, but will only support fields on that object.

2. If you want to access fields from multiple objects, then you can create a Visualforce page and create your desired layout. This Visualforce page can then be tied to a custom tab. You can find a great tutorial on this in the Force.com Workbook.

Best,
Sati
cherialcherial
Sati,
         Thanks for ur immediate reply. The procedure u mentioned is a general approach to develop an application on force.com platform. But i want to import all the text fields, text areas, buttons, check boxes e.t.c. which are presented in an html file into Salesforce.com site as a tab in my organization.

At this time am not care about the data schema. Just importing UI.

Thanks,
-Nath
SuperfellSuperfell
Then copy the html into a new visualforce page.
crocodilecrocodile
I tried with copying the html content into the visual force page but it can't diaply the images.
SuperfellSuperfell
put the images in static resource, fix up the URL paths to the images.
crocodilecrocodile
Thanks Simon. I appreciate the response.
Here the challenging issue is...
I have a project which is implemented using JSP, JSF and WCOM(Web Components).
So, how can i deploy this project onto the Salesforce.com platform without loosing any features of the project?

Please suggest me a way we are unable to get any information on this. Can you Please give some quick response because we have to start from 8th of this month onwards.

Thanks in advance
-Vissu:smileyhappy:
SuperfellSuperfell
You can't, JSP, JSF & WCOM are not supported technologies on the force.com platform. You'd need to rebuild it using apex & visualforce