function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarmpieHarmpie 

Undocumented limit on Sharing Rules???

Code:
Sharing Rule Limit Exceeded 
Your organization has exceeded the maximum number of sharing rules allowed of this type. Please contact your administrator for more information. 

Can someone please point me to the Help Section where this limit is mentioned? Why can't I create more than 100 sharing rules on an object??? There's nothing in the app Setup limits page...nothing. It's obstructing the current project I am doing, so hope somebody of SF can help me work around this 1!
shillyershillyer
It is documented under the Setting Sharing Rules section.

Sharing rules allow you to selectively give defined sets of users access to records based on record ownership. You can define up to 100 owner-based sharing rules for each object.

Best,
Sati
HarmpieHarmpie
Hmm, maybe it's a good idea to add it to the App Setup Limits page, which is the page I usually check first for limits.
Mysti, Developer DocumentationMysti, Developer Documentation
Excellent suggestion! We'll make it happen.

Bohdan DovhanBohdan Dovhan
The link is broken. Can anyone share actual link and what is the actual value of owner-based sharing rules limit?
SalesforceMickySalesforceMicky
Bohdan, the latest information surrounding SF limits can be found here:
https://login.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf

For Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions, administrators can create up to 300 sharing rules per object, including up to 50 criteria-based rules.