function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MobileMobile 

Data import into SF

Hi All,  Im fairly new to SF. it would be appreciated if someone could help. 

I'm about to import an NON client records into our SF database. we will be running an outbound telemarketing on the data.

shall i import them as accounts or leads? what are the advantages and disadvantages?  

and if possible what is the best way of running an outbound maketing on those records. 

cheers thanks in advance

Steve :-/Steve :-/
BlankBODY { MARGIN-TOP: 25px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 25px; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica } P.msoNormal { MARGIN-TOP: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #ffffcc; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica, "Times New Roman" } LI.msoNormal { MARGIN-TOP: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #ffffcc; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica, "Times New Roman" }

It depends on a few different things.  Does your upload file contain multiple people at the same company?  Does your sales methodology support Non-Client (Prospect) Accounts?  

If the file has multiple people within the same company, and your sales methodology supports it, then loading them as Accounts and Contacts is probably the best way to go.  Otherwise if you load them as Leads, and the company becomes a Client, then you have to manually convert all of the other Leads from that Company. 

MobileMobile

Thanks Steve for you reply,

well the answer is no there are no multiple contacts for one account. so i guess we'd better import them as leads.