function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve :-/Steve :-/ 

How to Export/Publish custom Objects to Production SF.Org?

I've built a custom App on my Developer SF.Org, and I would like to publish it to my EE Production SF.Org (without having to manually rebuild all of the Objects, Fields, Code, etc.).

I have a *little* bit of experience using the Eclipse Force.com IDE (not even sure if that's a viable option for this). 

I've never Packaged a Custom App before.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve :-/

PS.    Oh yeah, as usual money is tight, so getting a 3rd Party App for this is out of the question.

Message Edited by Stevemo on 02-05-2009 12:41 PM
Message Edited by Stevemo on 02-05-2009 12:41 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Hi Steve,

You have 2 options, you can use the Force.com IDE or you can create a package. If this is a one time thing, I think a package may be your easiest route. If you know you are going to make more changes in your DE org and want to push them to your EE org on a regular basis, then go with the IDE. There's some great tutorials on the IDE in the Force.com Workbook.

You can get the IDE here. And you can find a step-by-step guide to build a package here.

Don't forget to achieve 75% or higher test coverage.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Hi Steve,

You have 2 options, you can use the Force.com IDE or you can create a package. If this is a one time thing, I think a package may be your easiest route. If you know you are going to make more changes in your DE org and want to push them to your EE org on a regular basis, then go with the IDE. There's some great tutorials on the IDE in the Force.com Workbook.

You can get the IDE here. And you can find a step-by-step guide to build a package here.

Don't forget to achieve 75% or higher test coverage.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks!!!, I'll give both of them a shot.

I just created and uploaded a test Package and it worked perfectly.

THANKS!!!