function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PaulFriesPaulFries 

Email to Lead

Hi everyone,
Please let me know if this is not the proper place to ask this, but I need to find some way to convert our e-mail messages to our sales@ address into leads.

We currently use email-to-case, and that works fine, but we need to convert these e-mails into Leads not cases.

We do use the web-to-lead app as well, but we get a lot of leads from e-mail.

Is there any email-to-lead software available?

Thanks!
franchisorfranchisor

I have been looking everywhere for an email to lead tool as well. SF has the web to lead function that works very well; however, it is not as effective if you use 3rd parties to receive your leads as they are generally not willing to use the HTML code that you generate from SF.........so we recieve emails from the 3rd party vendors.  I am now checking into email parsing tools (email2db.com is one of them) since I have not found a solution via SF or the app exchange etc. The other option is to have your IT or SF developers write a code for each of your 3rd party websites but, this can get very expensive, very quickly! or you can see if the 3rd parties can send you an excel file or allow you to download your leads to excel then you can import them into SF. I know this defeats the purpose of trying to automate the process but it may help to speed it up and avoid some data entry!! 

If anyone has an email to lead solution PLEASE let us know!!:smileyhappy:

Sincerely,

Franchisor

jnhjnh
also a franchisor....desperately seeking this functionality.
we have tried email2db...and perhaps it can be used in conjunction with saleforce.com...but it is clearly not an ideal solution...
has anyone looked at the Apex Email service part of the Winter08 release ?

franchisorfranchisor

I spoke with SF Tech and posted some questions on the developer site. The sample code is currently written to bring task into SF.  I was told that the language could be rewritten to port those emails into SF but, again you would need an IT person or someone who could rewrite/edit the language.  I received 2 quotes thus far for writing the script for one third party source; the first one came in a $2000 and the 2nd $2500.  Both IT sources said that the additional third party sources would cost less Aprox. $1000-$1500 each.  Let me know if you find another solution or another answer.  FYI:  I am also looking at egrabber to see if there system can parse more than addresses.

JackMiller2009JackMiller2009

Also have this issue, and looking for a good solution.

We are a real estate brokerage and have many lead sources that we do not control, so we need a generic way of going from email to a lead -

Highrisehq does this very well, it feels kind of silly to not have this capabilty in SF.

Interested in code-sharing/effort sharing on this if there are some people that want to get it done right.

Jack M

512-892-9473